The platform GUI provides a utility called a Project Connector that allows data to be linked automatically between projects.
Project Connector Setup
- 1.Select the source project (project that will own the data to be linked) from the Projects page (Projects > your_source_project).
- 2.Select Project Settings > Details.
- 3.Select Edit
- 4.Under Data Sharing ensure the value is set to Yes
- 5.Select Save
- 1.Select the destination project (the project to which data from the source project will be linked) from the Projects page (Projects > your_destination_project).
- 2.From the projects menu, select Project Settings > Connectivity > Project Connector
- 3.Select + Create and complete the necessary fields.
- Check the box next to Active to ensure the connector will be active.
- Name (required) — Provide a unique name for the connector.
- Type (required) — Select the data type that will be linked (either File or Sample)
- Source Project - Select the source poject whose data will be linked to.
- Tags (optional) — Add tags to restrict what data will be linked via the connector. Any data in the source project with matching tags will be linked to the destination project.
The examples below will link Files based on the Format field.
- Only Files with Format of FASTQ will be linked:
[?($.details.format.code == 'FASTQ')]
- Only Files with Format of VCF will be linked:
[?($.details.format.code == 'VCF')]
The examples below will restrict linked Files based on a filenames.
- Exact match to 'Sample-1_S1_L001_R1_001.fastq.gz':
[?($.details.name == 'Sample-1_S1_L001_R1_001.fastq.gz')]
- Ends with '.fastq.gz':
[?($.details.name =~ /.*\.fastq.gz/)]
- Starts with 'Sample-':
[?($.details.name =~ /Sample-.*/)]
- Contains '_R1_':
[?($.details.name =~ /.*_R1_.*/)]
The examples below will link Samples based on User Tags and Sample name, respectively.
- Only Samples with the User Tag 'WGS-Project-1'
[?('WGS-Project-1' in $.tags.userTags)]
- Only Samples with the name 'BSSH_Sample_1':
- Link a Sample with the name 'BSSH_Sample_1':
[?($.name == 'BSSH_Sample_1')]