In order to create a Tool, a Docker image is required to run the application in a containerized environment. Illumina Connected Analytics supports both public and private Docker images.
- 1.Navigate to the Docker Repository.
- 2.Click to add a new external image.
- 3.Add your full image URL in the Url field, e.g.
docker.io/alpine:latest. Docker Name and Version should auto-populate.
- 4.Optional- complete the Description field.
- 5.Click Save.
- 6.The newly added image should appear in your Docker Repository list.
Verification of the URL is performed during execution of a pipeline which depends on the Docker image, not during configuration. External images are accessed from the external source whenever required and not stored in ICA, therefore it is important not to move or delete the external source.
In order to use private images in your tool, you must first upload them as a TAR file.
- 1.Navigate to your project.
- 2.Upload your private image as a TAR file, either by dragging and dropping the file in the Data tab, using the CLI or a Connector. For more information please refer to the project Data.
- 3.Select your uploaded TAR file and click on Change Format, which is available under Manage in the top menu.
- 4.Select DOCKER from the drop-down menu and Save.
- 5.Navigate to the Docker Repository outside of your project.
- 6.Click on New.
- 7.Click on the magnifying glass to find your uploaded image file.
- 8.Select the appropriate region and project from the drop-down menus to find your file.
- 9.Select that file.
- 10.Select the appropriate region, fill in the Docker Name and Version, and click Save.
- 11.The newly added image should appear in your Docker Repository list. Verify it is marked as Available under the Status column to ensure it is ready to be used in your tool or pipeline.